About the Belize ATM Cave Tour
Actun Tunichil Muknal or the ATM Cave is located in the area known as the Mountain Tapir Reserve in San Ignacio, Belize. The ATM cave is several kilometers long with a few chambers containing skeletons, ceramics and stoneware. The most famous skeleton is of a young maiden, whose bones have been covered by the natural process of the cave, leaving them with a sparkling appearance.
Actun Tunichil Muknal
Activities in the cave includes swimming, hiking and exploring gigantic stalactites adorning the cathedral like ceilings. A visit to Actun Tunichil Muknal Cave is an experience guaranteed to leave you with a wonderful experience and a great amount of knowledge about the ancient Mayans that inhabited Belize.
ATM cave is now a national park co-managed by the National Institute of Archaeology and Belize Audubon Society, and is one of the major tourist attractions in the country drawing hundreds of tourists every day.
no cameras allowed
Belize ATM Cave Tour Details
- ATM Cave Time: Full Day - Lunch is included in price
- Children: must be over 40 inches to participate
- Experience in swimming is not required
- Gears provided: helmets with lights
- What to wear/bring: Hiking or water shoes, shorts, sunscreen, bug spray and a full change of clothes
- Restroom facilities are available at ATM Cave Parking lot